"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." - John Wooden
We certainly won't die saying that we didn't give things a try. Tomorrow Chris is heading to South Carolina for the first week of a new contract. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago his Providence gig ended, and about a month prior to that, Chris started contacting recruiters and getting his name back out there on the job circuit. It was coming down to crunch time and nothing was looking promising and then all at once within a matter of days, Chris had 5 different job offers on the table (not a bad position to be in). We debated between Boston, Hartford, South Carolina, and even a continuation in Providence. We've been living here in CT with my in-laws for over a year. It's been wonderful, but it's time for us to move on. Our goal was to wait to sort out Chris's next contract and then we'd decide if we would temporarily rent wherever he was located, or make a move to North Carolina, a place where we are just very curious about. After a lot of thought and debate, we decided that Chris would take the SC job and we would proceed with moving to NC to minimize the amount of transitions that we'd be putting the kids through. So, Chris will be commuting to SC and our plan is to move to NC in January. Ideally, Chris has his eyes on a job in NC that would just be perfect for us as a family, but the timing just isn't quite gelling with everything, so we are hoping that after this SC gig, maybe Chris will be able to get a position in the area of NC that we are wanting to relocate too. In the meantime, we are making a go of it! NC or bust in 2011!!