Ahhh stress. Aside from "Twitter" or "Google," I bet "stress" ranks way up there among the most widely used words in the 21st century. I know I have been using it a lot lately!
I'm sure a lot of us have often wished to wake up one day with all our stress magically gone. And I'm sure, over time, we have learned that this is not likely to happen in the real world. But take heart! We may not be able to bid adieu to stress altogether, but we can at least lessen it.
A recent article in Yahoo!'s Shine website gives 20 very easy tips to lower our daily stress level. The writer says that the trick is in disciplining ourselves to do the little things that will keep stress at bay. It's these little things that seem unimportant, but snowball into major stress when neglected.
If you're feeling stressed, here are a 20 easy tips to try:
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual.
- Get up 20 minutes earlier than usual.
- Before you go to sleep, prepare for the morning.
- Bring a hat and an umbrella.
- Don't wear tight clothes or uncomfortable shoes.
- Make a list.
- Listen to a favorite song.
- Keep extra cash and stamps in the house.
- Be polite and be fair.
- Laugh out loud.
- Have a good book to read.
- Keep an extra set of keys.
- Always keep your passport in the same place.
- Throw something away.
- Don't say mean things about other people.
- Put a Bandaid in your wallet.
- Keep gas in the car.
- Pay attention to someone else.
- Make your bed.
You may read the article here.
Image from sxc.hu.