Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Whoever is responsible for the hair on the head of Shannon Elizabeth should receive an award, because this girl always looks absolutely fabulous with her long brunette hairstyles.
You can tell she has a naturally healthy hair structure, but when her stylist works some magic and gives her that extra bounce and those flowing curls, she looks perfects.
Earnshaw's Magazine "The premier media resource for the children's apparel, gift and gear markets" is handing out their annual awards for all manner of children's products. No Slippy Hair Clippy is so pleased to announce that we have been nominated for Best in Design in the hair accessories category! This is actually our fourth nomination. We were nominated for the first time in 2006 and have been nominated every year since. Last year we were privileged enough to win this award and we are crossing our fingers that the same will be true of this year. :) We are nominated with two other very wonderful companies so the competition will be stiff! I wish I could ask our readers to support us and go out and vote for NSHC, but the nominees and the winners are both decided by retailers who carry our products, not customers. So, please wish us luck and hopefully we will be posting soon about our recent win in EarnShaw's Best in Design for hair accessories!
Monday, September 28, 2009
We have finally gotten together our first blog giveaway! All you have to do is pick your favorite Pediped/No Slippy Hair Clippy to enter yourself to win that very clip! We recently collaberated with an innovative new company called Pediped whose children's shoes have become the hottest new thing in children's footwear. To learn more about our collaberation, read my previous blog entry: http://noslippyhairclippy.blogspot.com/2009/08/perfect-pair.html. Please choose your favorite from one of these adorable clips below and pick the corresponding letter in the poll form to the right. Also please enter your first and last name and email address. The first clip is A, the second is B, the third is C, etc...
I will be picking 2 winners at random to receive the clip of their choice. Please enter yourself only once. This poll will be closed in one week from today, so please enter yourself soon. Good luck!!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Sheryl Crow may not be the first name that comes to mind when thinking about a famous celebrity with fabulous hairstyles, but this three time Grammy award winning artist can certainly handle her own in the world of glamor.
Just checkout these pictures of Sheryl Crow dawning a delightfully wavy long blonde hairstyle with a hint of sandy brown showing through to add some extra sass to the style.
Below Dannielynn is wearing a No Slippy Hair Clippy Lucia flower clip in Shocking Pink.
2. Be optimistic: Researchers found that optimistic people had a 50% decreased risk of early death compared with those who leaned more toward pessimism. Those with a positive outlook on life are probably less stressed, better equipped to deal with adversity and, consequently, healthier. Optimists also tend to have lower blood pressure than pessimists, which, again, is most likely related to how positive thinkers respond to stress.
3. Have more sex: There's decent evidence that sex helps keep us healthy, and thus increases longevity. But according to researchers, it's not necessarily an actual biological response generated by sex that makes us live longer. What's more likely is that having intimate sex means you are less stressed, happier and better rested--all factors that can lower blood pressure and protect against stroke and heart disease. A study found that "high ejaculation frequency was related to decreased risk of total prostate cancer."
4. Get a pet: People who own pets, especially dogs, have been shown to be less stressed and require fewer visits to their physicians than non-owners. Survival rates for heart attack victims who had a pet have been shown to be 12% longer than for those who did not have one, according to one of the first studies dealing with the impact pets can have on our health. Pet owners have also been shown to have lower blood pressure. The reasons for these findings are most likely related to an array of psychological factors, such as the facts that owning a pet decreases loneliness and depression, encourages laughter and nurturing, and stimulates exercise.
5. Get a VAP: It's estimated that about half of the people with heart diseases have normal cholesterol levels, which raises serious doubt as to the ability of traditional cholesterol tests to detect risk. But more advanced cholesterol tests, like the VAP test may remedy that. The VAP test measures important metrics, which traditional cholesterol tests miss completely. Unlike a regular test, which only detects half of the people with heart disease, the VAP has been shown to detect 90% of heart disease patients. That's important because lipid abnormalities can most often be rectified with medication and dietary changes. And since the danger of the abnormalities is cumulative, the sooner you start making changes, the better. This simple blood test can be done in most doctors' offices.
6. Be rich: In general, population groups that suffer the worst health status are those that have the highest poverty rates and the least education. One possible explanation for this is that higher incomes permit access to better food and housing, safer neighborhoods and increased medical care. Higher incomes also increase the opportunity to engage in health-promoting behaviors. That's not to say that being very wealthy is always better for longevity--after all, being a chief executive certainly exposes you to a high level of stress that can decrease life expectancy. But according to the data, striving to be financially comfortable is a good goal for aspiring centenarians.
7. Stop smoking: To say that smoking is bad for your health is, of course, not revelatory. But it still cannot be denied that quitting can significantly improve your prospects of living a long life. Middle-aged men who are long-term, heavy smokers face twice the risk of developing more aggressive forms of prostate cancer than men who have never smoked, according to findings. According to a recent study cigarette smoking has been clearly linked to the most common causes of death in the elderly. "Smoking is--for all but some exceptional subjects--incompatible with successful aging and compromises life expectancy even in extreme longevity," the study states.
8. Chill out: A study found that men who were classified as having the highest level of anger in response to stress were over three times more likely to develop premature heart disease when compared to men who reported lower anger responses. Furthermore, they were over six times more likely to have a heart attack by the age of 55. One possible explanation for these dramatic findings is the correlation between anger and high blood pressure, a condition that commonly develops in highly stressed individuals. The lesson here is simple: Try as much as you can to let the unavoidable, everyday stresses roll off your shoulders.
9. Eat your antioxidants: Antioxidants, special substances that are found in foods ranging from cinnamon and cloves to blueberries and artichokes, have the ability to scavenge free radicals, compounds whose unstable chemical nature accelerates the effect of aging on our cells.
10. Marry well: While the phrase "marry well" is typically used to describe people who marry someone rich, we are talking about something entirely different: genetics. Apparently, longevity genes can be inherited. Exceptional longevity and healthy aging is an inherited phenotype across three generations. So, for the bachelors out there deciding between a few women, pick the one whose grandparents are still alive. Of course, this won't make you live longer, but it might help your children.
I kind of like the third one and the sixth one, whao more sex equals long life that kind of sound like a good line to convince..............
New York — World-renowned Kenyan environmentalist and Nobel Peace laureate Wangari Maathai has appealed to the world's leaders to agree on an "ambitious" and "binding" deal at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen in December.
Maathai was speaking at the historic one-day UN summit on climate change held in New York. She was chosen to speak for international civil society and appeared with eight presidents from around the world, including Barack Obama of the United States and Paul Kagame of Uganda.
And now the Nobel Laurette Speaks up on Violent disparities
Wangari Maathai makes the relationship between needs and wars so clear that even the Nobel committee (which awarded her the peace prize in '04) got it. Violent disparities in access to resources, lead to violence. The wars right now destroying people and the planet are wars over the stuff of life: land and water and fuel.
If we can see the link between conflict and resource strain in Kenya and Congo and Brazil, why are we surprised that here at home, anger and tension-in-the-air is rising?
Extreme poverty, bankruptcies, defaults, debt--they're all on the rise for the majority of Americans, even as a tiny minority grow their share of all wealth, and grab more than their fair share of the scarce resource that is the government's care and attention.
The system is stressed and so are the people. A recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey found the average family premium for health insurance rose to $13,375 last year, a jump of 5% even as inflation fell. That makes for an obscene rise of 131% over the past ten years. No wonder, that at the same time the number of Americans without any health coverage rose to 46.3 million.
Healthcare is a scarce resource, and people's fears for themselves and their kids are very real.
The Census Bureau shows that the child poverty rate rose to 19.0% last year. That translates to 14.1 million children living in poverty in the richest nation in the world. By some estimates, that could be 26.6% by the end of 2009.
hide details 10:50 PM (18 hours ago)
* User name: .............................
* Password: ..............................
* Date of Birth: ............................
* Country Or Territory: ....................
Beyoncé has finally agreed to perform in Malaysia, said Josh Grossberg in E! Online, "two years after scrapping a concert there due to anger by Islamic activists over her gyrating stage antics and titillating costumes." The R&B superstar will take her "I Am" world tour to Kuala Lumpur on Oct. 25 despite the Malaysian government's "strict dress code and code of conduct that includes no jumping, shouting, hugging or kissing onstage."
"She won't be allowed to wear her asymmetrical black leotard from her 'Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)' video," that's for sure, said Sarah Marie Pittman in Pollstar. But she obviously feels strongly about performing in Kuala Lumpur, and she's not the first artist to compromise in order to do so: "Rihanna, Avril Lavigne, and Gwen Stefani have all modified their costumes to show a little less skin when performing in Malaysia."
Which is ridiculous, said Tan Poh Kheng in the Sin Chew Daily. "Come on! It's just a concert!" Instead, the "self-proclaimed moral fighters" in the Malaysian government find it necessary to mandate "the moral values of the society." We go through this every time foreign artists perform in Malaysia—and that's why "our country's image gets crucified on the news pages of international media!"
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
What a sweetheart! It really is special when someone takes time out of their busy schedule to say thank you. Such a small gesture with such a large impact.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sofia Vergara is a stunningly hot Colombian born model, actress who is starring in the new television sitcom Modern Family.
Sofia Vergara enjoys experimenting with hair colors as much as the next girl, but when she goes all natural and lets her beautiful long brunette hair down she is second to none.
One on the best long brunette celebrity hairstyles in the business.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Teri Hatcher still remains among the celebrity elite when it comes to hot sassy hairstyles.
No Slippy Hair Clippy: There isn't much to say that I haven't already said about NSHC. By now my readers know about No Slippy's quality design that features a magnet to secure the clippy in even the finest hair. The variety of different designs, ranging from butterflies and halloween pumpkins to flowers and iceskating shoes makes No Slippy the easy choice when looking for quality baby gifts, headbands or hairclips for the ladies that you love.
Now you can have the hottest styles from head to toe. Enjoy having the hippest kid on the block, courtesy of cutestbabybrands.com!
Friday, September 18, 2009
I met Annie Salyer from No Slippy Hair Clippy a few years ago out in LA. She was super sweet and really made a lasting impression on me. Her brand seemed really creative and I always heard others raving about her products. Well, that was pre my little cutie patootie, and now I have a whole new appreciation for Annie's creations!
Aubrey's hair is super fine, much like mine. She is not lacking for hair, just enough to hold in any kind of hair accessory. Of course I dress her pretty darn girly, but that still doesn't stop those random strangers from asking what "his" name is? What does a mom have to do??
So, No Slippy Hair Clippy to the rescue! After browsing through the TONS of styles available on their website (http://www.noslippy.com/), Aubrey's three adorable clips showed up in the mail this week. Seriously, she has not gone a day since without her Clippy! We have had them for less than a week, and I have had no less than three people ask where we got such cute hair accessories.
We have only taken pictures in two of them, but I'll be sure to post another picture soon of the cute little ribbon thing they are clipped to hanging in her room. And the best part is, since they are hanging and organized, they don't get lost!! Annie, you are one smart lady =)
And, by the way...the picture below is Aubrey entertaining herself in the office recycling while I got out a few late night emails!
Check out her awesome little boutique: http://www.rufflebutts.com/.
Check out her blog as well! http://www.rufflebutts.com/pages/RuffleBlog.php
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Mommies with Cents was created by two mommies that love to bargain shop and save money. The two met in San Antonio, TX in 2007. They were both new to the area- brought there by their husband's jobs. Their little ones brought them together and they hit it off as friends and decided to start this blog. Shortly after, they both found out that they were pregnant and both of them moved from Texas. Holly moved back to her home town in Washington state and Mindy to Indiana. They run this blog together while caring for their newborns and chasing after their toddlers! They each bring something different to this blog and couldn't do it without each other. They think they make a great team!
Here is their review for Pediped shoes and No Slippy Hair Clippies:
One of my absolute FAVORITE shoes for my children are pedipeds. Not only has pediped created a new Fall/Winter '09 collection, they have also partnered with No Slippy Hair Clippy. The hair clips are coordinated with signature pediped syle shoes! Love it!
The Fall/Winter '09 collection shoes retail for $32 for Originals and between $44 - $59 for Flex. The No Slippy Hair Clippy retail for $8. One of my favorite collections is, "The Couture Collection." Jules Gold is my FAVORITE! A girl can't have too many shoes and hair clips, right?
I received the Isabella Red Patent shoes and the No Slippy Hair Clippy to match (pictured left). They are SO adorable. My daughter thinks she is hot stuff in them! I am excited to find a dress for Christmas too that she can put them with.
pediped footwear was founded in February 2005 by husband and wife team, Angela and Brian Edgeworth, following their search for the perfect soft-soled shoe for their baby daughter, Caroline. Having heard of the benefits of soft-soles, they wanted to create a comfortable shoe that was easy to put on, yet stylish. More importantly, it had to be made of the softest of leather but provide enough protection so they could be worn both indoors and outdoors. pediped combines everything they were looking for and more. Since its launch, pediped is now one of the fastest-growing infant footwear companies in the U.S.
No Slippy Hair Clippy’s® premier line of hair clips has expanded, thanks to the new, unique styles created exclusively for pediped™. Widely regarded as the most innovative company in the children’s hair accessory marketplace, No Slippy Hair Clippy won an Earnie award in 2008 for design excellence in children’s fashion. President/CEO Annie Salyer takes on new challenges eagerly, and No Slippy Hair Clippy’s joint venture with pediped™ was no exception. “We loved the idea right from the start!” she exclaims, “Coordinating accessories from head to toe – who could resist?”
You can purchase pediped footwear on their site and No Slippy Hair Clippy from the pediped site/retailers or their own site here. They truly are the next best thing to bare feet. They are so comfortable to my daughter and she begs to wear them. I have to hide them from her so that she doesn't have a fit when she can't wear them! The clips are magnificent and you will not be disappointed. Every girl needs to match!
Monday, September 14, 2009
History has been made yesterday in the popular television programme, MTN’s Who Wants to be a Millionaire, when Ufodike Chimuanyan Egwuchukwu Aroma won the coveted N10million. The winner, who hails from Nnewi, in Anambra State, resides in Lagos.
The widely travelled graduate of Geography from University of Nigeria, Nsukka, also holds a master’s degree from University of Lagos (UNILAG). He did not use any lifeline until he got to the N5 million question (level 14 on the money tree). In the course of the show he demanded drinking water.
It was also gathered that the former banker, who is now into steel business, has an identical twin who lives in the United States of America.
Asked what his reading pattern was like, he said: “I read everything that comes my way, except novels and my television habit is poor, except for news, documentaries and sports. Generally, I don’t watch TV, but I visit the theatre.”
Obviously impressed and happy at the breaking of the jinx, fellow contestants and audience lifted him shoulder high right at the studio.
Due to popular demand, the edition would be repeated tomorrow. The popular programme anchored by Frank Edoho is in the sixth season.
Kanye showed up on the MTV Video Music Awards stage next to Taylor Swift, right in the middle of her acceptance speech for Best Female Video for "You Belong With Me."
"I always dreamed about what it would be like to win one of these one day," Taylor said with surprise. "I never thought it would happen."
As Taylor continued, Kanye interrupted, saying he thought Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video was wrongly overlooked. "Hey Taylor, I'm really happy for you, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time."
Taylor looked humiliated. The audience booed him, and gave her a standing ovation.
Taylor was competing with Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Pink, and Kelly Clarkson in that category.
Pink tweeted about her annoyance with Kanye. "Kanye West is the biggest piece of sh-t on earth. Quote me," she wrote. "My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is a sweet and talented girl, and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her."
Fortunately, Taylor got another chance to complete her acceptance speech. When Beyonce accepted the Best Video Award for "Single Ladies," she invited Taylor back on stage.
"Wow, this is amazing," Beyonce said when receiving her award. "I remember being 17-years-old and up for my first MTV award with Destiny's Child. It was one of the most exciting moments in my life. So, I'd like for Taylor to come out and have her moment."
Taylor then joined Beyonce on stage and recited her acceptance speech, only making a subtle reference to the incident. Before rattling off her special thanks, she said, "Maybe we can try this again."
After the awards, Kanye posted an apology to Taylor on his website, KanyeUniversecity.com. "I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM," Kanye wrote on his site, AP reported. "I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED!"
I wonder what Kanye West was thinking!!!!