In just two weeks my little niece will turn the big -1- year old. I simply cannot believe how fast time has flown. I remember when she had just been born, she was infinitesimally small. I could fit 10 of her little hands in mine. She was fresh and snuggly and held all the promise that new life affords. And now one year later she is all the more beautiful! She is deserving of the most spectacular of birthday celebrations, alas I will not be in close enough proximity to help facilitate this. So, in honor of my precious little niece, I have written a list of 5 must haves for any one year old birthday bonanza:
1. Buckets of love, you know the good stuff, wet and sloppy!
2. A special birthday outfit: http://breasbabyboutique.com/category_40/Birthday-Outfits.htm
3. A special birthday clippy: http://hairclippy.com/shop_novelty-amber.asp
4. Cupcakes! So much easier than a whole cake and a lot cuter if you ask me. Here is one of my favorite recipes: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/polka-dot-cupcakes?lnc=98d20356c0041210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&backto=true&backtourl=/our-best-cupcakes?lnc=98d20356c0041210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=slideshow_food_our-best-cupcakes&contentid=85cb0000342f0210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD#slide_1
5. Decorations! The cheesier the better! They will be small enough for silliness for only so long you know.. : http://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/
Happy Birthday to all those little sweet peas turning one this month!